FOLDRite was developed to make file creation for folded materials easy, repeatable and standardized. FOLDRite is comprised of five core components: folding compensation mathematics, animated folding illustrations, naming and numbering conventions, considerations, and a levels system for budgetary guidance. FOLDRite is the backbone of all of foldfactory’s offerings, including our template building software, services, and publications.
Why is FOLDRite important to the folding process?
Paper is dimensional, and if it is to fold into itself to form a brochure, the panels that fold in must be slightly smaller to accommodate for the thickness of the sheet, and for subtle process variation in the mechanical folding process. This mathematical adjustment is called folding compensation.
The overwhelming majority of client-provided files do not account for this critical adjustment, which almost ensures dissatisfaction with the end product (or extra charges for fixing the file). FOLDRite provides precise, mathematically adjusted folding templates through an easy software tool for a seamless, automated and repeatable process. In doing this, we are able to solve the longstanding problem of improper file setup for folded materials by removing the “human element” from the file-setup process. Automated template creation also saves time and reduces paper waste.
FOLDRite is the only print industry-approved folding system for the graphic arts, and was awarded the prestigious GATF InterTech™ Award for Innovative Excellence in 2004
- FOLDRite mathematical algorithms and other components can be licensed for integration with prepress, workflow and MIS software, printing machinery and folding machinery.
- FOLDRite can be installed as a software plug-in for InDesign, FOLDRite Template Master
- FOLDRite can also be integrated into a branded, online Web portal as a Web-to-print solution
- FOLDRite Template Master can be customized to create templates that suit digital, offset and web-press-specific sizing specifications and folding capabilities, and can support JDF
- Standardized, JDF file submission process supports lights-out automation
- Ability to preload a library of folding templates for clients to choose from, guiding clients in the right direction to create documents that can be produced successfully
- Drastically reduces reprints and client/employee frustration, while making the process easy and visual
- Visit our Services page for more information about customization options, on-site workflow audits, and integrated solutions.
For OEM and licensing inquiries, contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-876-8738